Bender’s Reading List
On the most recent episode of Futurama, Bender gets overclocked and procedes to whiz through several books a la Data in Star Trek: The Next Generation. The writers had some fun with the book titles as they quickly whizzed by on screen. Here they are in order of appearance.
- Advanced Calculus
- Decline and Fall of the Romulon Empire
- The Oxford English Pictionary
- Anti-Gravity’s Rainbow
- NNYC Phone Book
- Wuthering Gattaca
- The Mathketball Diaries
- Advanced Calculus [Again]
- Every Translation of the Iliad
- How to Kill A Mockingbird
- Ventriloquism for Dummies
- Dante’s Life in Hell
- Connecticut Tax Law
- Google Book
- Big Book of Tumbleweeds
- Guinness Book of Parallel World Records
- VCR Repair
- The Collected Wisdom of Braino
- How I Conquered Your Planet
- Complete Simpson Episode Guide
- All the Presidents’ Heads
- Shakespeare Typed by Monkeys, Volube 78
- The Sithal War
- Calculon on Calculon
- Ayn Rand McNally Atlas Shrugged
- Some of the Digits of Pi
- Genome of the Flatworm, Volume 12
Later in the episode, The Hyperchicken (the large blue/green rooster-like attorney with southern mannerisms) has a book at the defendant’s table that says “Leges Avium”, which is Latin for “Laws of Birds.”
Formerly of BuzzFeed.
Named one of Buzzfeed's '90 Best Tumblrs Blogs of 2011.'
Editor of Tumblr's official Celebs tag and sometimes featured in News, Politics and Television.
Once 'pulled a Gwyneth' and appeared on BuzzFeed, HuffPo and Jezebel.
Obama follows me and I'm forever humbled.
Co-creator of Texts From Hillary.