The dating life of a publicist. “Six indicators that a journalist doesn’t like you.” [list]
1. The reporter returns your call – but after you’ve gone home, to ask you to take him off your media list.
2. You email the reporter a story idea and she emails you back: um, who are you?
3. The reporter refuses to have you present during an interview with your senior executive .
4. She tweets a negative comment about you – not your company.
5. The reporter calls you a flack.
6. You invite the reporter to your Vermont ski house, all expenses paid for him and his wife, to be used at anytime, and he declines, every time you ask.
Looks like it’s back to the drawing board for me. No wonder I never land any stories.
After keeping these to myself for a while, I think I’m going to follow ProducerMatthew’s lead and make these public for anyone who might want them:
1. Twitter list of AJE journos.
2. Twitter list of Reuters journos.
3. Twitter list of US journos.
4. Twitter list of UK journos.
(The last two need some work, but they’re on their way.)
I’ll share a couple of my media lists as well (though, these are beat driven):
Robin Baumgarten, WGN Chicago Morning News Anchor, meltdowns on live TV when her Co-Anchor fails to play a video she chose for him. And then the entire news team gets a little crazy.
This isn’t the first time Robin freaked out. Watch when she misses the long-awaited bridge implosion.
Formerly of BuzzFeed.
Named one of Buzzfeed's '90 Best Tumblrs Blogs of 2011.'
Editor of Tumblr's official Celebs tag and sometimes featured in News, Politics and Television.
Once 'pulled a Gwyneth' and appeared on BuzzFeed, HuffPo and Jezebel.
Obama follows me and I'm forever humbled.
Co-creator of Texts From Hillary.