Takeaway From The Freeh Report: Everyone Is Guilty. BuzzFeed’s Nina Mandell breaks down the internal investigation on Penn State’s actions:
- As seemed likely, Joe Paterno was implicated in the cover-up and lack of action in re: Jerry Sandusky.
- Joe Paterno possibly lied to a grand jury about a 1998 incident involving Sandusky.
- Everyone from the executive director of The Second Mile to Joe Paterno was informed about the 2001 shower incident reported by grad assistant Mike McQueary.
- Penn State alumni seem to be disappointed in Paterno.
- The university and athletic department’s lack of structure are faulted.
- The NCAA’s response to the report was muted.
Formerly of BuzzFeed.
Named one of Buzzfeed's '90 Best Tumblrs Blogs of 2011.'
Editor of Tumblr's official Celebs tag and sometimes featured in News, Politics and Television.
Once 'pulled a Gwyneth' and appeared on BuzzFeed, HuffPo and Jezebel.
Obama follows me and I'm forever humbled.
Co-creator of Texts From Hillary.