13 Things I Learned From Interviewing Celebs In 2013:
- When hosting a bunch of drag queens for the day, have plenty of beer. With straws. The straws are key.
- Never ask a “yes or no” question on the red carpet.
- If you’re going to bring up cereal during an interview just make sure it’s not with Ryan Gosling.
- Surprisingly enough, George Clooney is not the most charming person in Hollywood. (That award goes to Abner Ramirez of Johnnyswim.)
- Don’t tell someone they are about to “have a big year in 2014.” They either know or don’t care. Or just think you’re weird.
- It’s okay to laugh. In fact it’s more fun when you do.
- Ryan Lewis is cuter than Macklemore. Just saying.
- Just because a celebrity gives you their personal cell phone number does not mean you can text them whenever you want.
- It’s not advisable to end an interview with a thumbs up.
- Do ask the hard questions, especially when you don’t want to.
- If you’re going to East Lansing in April, take a winter jacket.
- Paris Hilton loves talking about her pets.
- If Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas asks you for a hug, give her one. You’ll be happy you did.
Formerly of BuzzFeed.
Named one of Buzzfeed's '90 Best Tumblrs Blogs of 2011.'
Editor of Tumblr's official Celebs tag and sometimes featured in News, Politics and Television.
Once 'pulled a Gwyneth' and appeared on BuzzFeed, HuffPo and Jezebel.
Obama follows me and I'm forever humbled.
Co-creator of Texts From Hillary.