Takeaway From The Freeh Report: Everyone Is Guilty. BuzzFeed’s Nina Mandell breaks down the internal investigation on Penn State’s actions:
- As seemed likely, Joe Paterno was implicated in the cover-up and lack of action in re: Jerry Sandusky.
- Joe Paterno possibly lied to a grand jury about a 1998 incident involving Sandusky.
- Everyone from the executive director of The Second Mile to Joe Paterno was informed about the 2001 shower incident reported by grad assistant Mike McQueary.
- Penn State alumni seem to be disappointed in Paterno.
- The university and athletic department’s lack of structure are faulted.
- The NCAA’s response to the report was muted.